Our version of a phased re-opening
We hope that you all are well and enjoying some rejuvenating time in our magnificent outdoors. Everyday for the past 3+ months of staying at home, we have been grateful that we are here, in Vermont, and specifically in Green River. How fortunate we are to have this place and how difficult the past 4 months have been for so many people.
Thanks to each of you who has continued to shop with us over the past three months. You trusted us to put together cases and half cases that met your palate preferences within your budget parameters. Windham Wines is cautiously exploring the road to receiving customers into the shop while being mindful that many of our customer-friends prefer to continue curbside pick-up.
As we watch what is happening around the country with COVID cases, we are going to start slowly, splitting time between curbside-only and opportunities for those who want to come in to browse. We will continue to offer curbside-only on Thursdays,1:00-7:00 and Fridays,11:00-3:00, then open to those who want to come in to see what is new and make personal selections, Fridays, 3:00-6:00 and Saturdays,11:00-5:00. Curbside is available anytime we are there including all of Friday and Saturday; it is curbside-only on Thursdays and the first part of our Friday hours.
Our thinking is that if we continue curbside-only on Thursday and part of Friday, it will give us time to clean surfaces and bottles after we are open for customer-friends to browse. At least from what we think we know about this virus, any germs that we may miss in the cleaning process should be neutralized by the time we next offer curbside-only. It is a work in progress. . . .
Protocols for visiting the shop, Fridays, 3:00-6:00 and Saturdays, 11:00-5:00:
- Masks covering nose and mouth are required– both for those coming in to shop and for Frank and me when assisting you
- Upon entering, please use the sanitizer that will be just inside the door
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet+
- Our temporary occupancy limit given our square footage is no more than 3 people in addition to Frank and I
- From Vermont’s Agency of Commerce and Community Development Phased Restart Work Safe Guidance:
- Cashless/touch-less transactions are strongly preferred.
- Curbside pickup remains the preferred method of operation. When possible, retailers should take steps to schedule or stage customer visits, such as waiting in cars or outside, to ensure lower contact operations.
We look forward to seeing you, either in the parking lot as we bring out your order, or inside the shop.